Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.04 will use Unity as the default desktop

On 30/10/10 00:15, Tom Brough wrote:

> Having said all that (and as a sysadmin I spend 90% of my day at work on
> a command line), Im not sure how  inkscape, gimp, or (cough) blender
> would work over command line. Trying to visualise typed in co-ordinates
> and shape definitions, seems a little crazy to me.

Come on don't mischaracterise Gordon's post. It is a reasonable question.

I noticed that "Windows 7" is less object focused in the GUI. Things you
could do in earlier versions of MS Windows, and "obvious" drag and drop
behaviours just don't work, and nobody noticed (except my Boss).

So most of the time a simple Window manager would be fine for me,
although I'm kind of spoilt now and might miss some bits.

 Simon