[LUG] Exwick LUG meeting today

Hi folks,

I just wanted to report back about the Exwick LUG meeting today.

First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it.

Initially we had some teething problems with the Internet. Basically the BT router had packed up. I brought one along though so we could get up and running.

We had a couple of new people turn up, Joe and Becky (two people I know off Facebook) came down from Trowbridge (I think). Joe is a web developer and Becky is a graphic designer. They use Linux on their servers and I understand Joe also uses Ubuntu on his machines. I certainly got some good feedback from them. There was another guy who turned up too, I didn't catch his name but he went round and chatted to everyone and seemed quite interested.

All in all I think it was a quite successful meeting. I spoke to Rick about holding another meeting and he seems quite keen to make it a monthly thing which I'm sure would be good for the folks who live in Exeter and East Devon.

So anyway, hopefully all being well we can come up with a date next month to hold another meeting which doesn't clash with other meetings, although I still think that maybe it doesn't matter so much if meetings occur on the same days in different areas as I guess most of us would go to our closest meeting.

Rob