Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 20:46, Tom Brough wrote:

My netbook battery lasts about 45 minutes if Im lucky ... its first
generation acer with original battery. its the principal of the thing
that annoys me. These are class 2 power supplies which by HSE own
guidelines are just not worth testing. She is wrong if she thinks it
only costs £2 to test .... I will challenge here (in front of Adrian
Sanders) to find an electrician to do it for that, and besides £2 x 15
members is £30 a year, which could be spent better on training or
promotion materials.

Buying a new battery would cost more than the PAT test probably.

I've asked a friend who is an electrician how much he charges for PAT testing, I'll advise when I find out. £1 per item seems a bit cheap unless you're maybe getting a couple of thousand items done in one job lot. Even then it still seems a bit cheap to me.

Rob