Re: [LUG] Exwick LUG meeting today

On 23/10/10 21:27, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just wanted to report back about the Exwick LUG meeting today.
>
> First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it.
>
> Initially we had some teething problems with the Internet.  Basically
> the BT router had packed up.  I brought one along though so we could get
> up and running.
>
> We had a couple of new people turn up, Joe and Becky (two people I know
> off Facebook) came down from Trowbridge (I think).  Joe is a web
> developer and Becky is a graphic designer.  They use Linux on their
> servers and I understand Joe also uses Ubuntu on his machines.  I
> certainly got some good feedback from them.  There was another guy who
> turned up too, I didn't catch his name but he went round and chatted to
> everyone and seemed quite interested.
>
> All in all I think it was a quite successful meeting.  I spoke to Rick
> about holding another meeting and he seems quite keen to make it a
> monthly thing which I'm sure would be good for the folks who live in
> Exeter and East Devon.

Lets go for this, if we are able to use it as a regular venue, then at
least it allow us to promote open source somewhere, and within a
supportive environment. Being exeter it is also nice and central to
quite a few people.

How close is it to a station ?

Paul

> So anyway, hopefully all being well we can come up with a date next
> month to hold another meeting which doesn't clash with other meetings,
> although I still think that maybe it doesn't matter so much if meetings
> occur on the same days in different areas as I guess most of us would go
> to our closest meeting.
>
> Rob

Well at the moment we can meet on the 1,2 or 4th saturday of the month,
 (is that right as we meet in holsworty on the 3rd sat) I spoke to paul
dutton at the rugby club (chairman) he is happy for us to meet at the
club,  however evenings are best for this, as the club is busy
saturdays,  if people are happy to make a sunday after noon, rather than
saturday.  Which I know is difficult for people.  Even if this is 2 - 4.

Saying it doesn't matter,  you are right there, partly as the torbay
meetings are in limbo while we find somewhere that can accomodate our
needs on a regular basis.

Paul

--
6th November - Paignton Library 13:30 start
17th September 2011 - Software freedom day