Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 23/10/10 12:27, Mark Evans wrote:
>>
>> Vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, electric lawn mowers
>> and hedge trimmers are far more of risk here.
>
> Yes, but if we all left our hedge trimmers at home, what fun would a
> GLUG meeting be?
>
> --

I am a little out of touch with your library dealings Tom. Annoying
though it is, can we not just take battery powered laptops? I think
most net books last at least 4 hours these days?

Once in the building we can just plug our laptops in anyway. (if we need to?)

It seems to be be such a great venue in terms of what is available for
us. Like I said I am out of touch with the most recent discussions
about costs.

 I seem to remember they came back to you and increased the cost above
their published price list. (Which seems completely wrong and the
should be held to the "quotation" (price list) advertised.) But hey
thats just me. lol.

Well done for your continued efforts (head aches)

Best wishes
roly :-)