Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 18:02, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Rhia Knowles<rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Roly, my current laptop battery is down to approx 30 mins battery
life, which I am about to RMA since its less they a year old.

Netbooks only get great battery life when new. Their battery
capacities will still fade over time, after so many charging cycles.

True, but presumably folks are going to maintain their laptops (as u
are) by buying new batteries?

Not at 50 quid a pop. I tend to tether my laptop to the mains now, I've got a compatible battery which proved to be all but useless and the official Acer battery is more like £80. That money could be put to a netbook (which I have seen for about £160 ish) or new notebook.

Is even taking a laptop essential? I have been to several meets where
I have not used mine. I am sure others will share if necessary - you
are welcome to use mine. :-)

I'd say yes and no. I like to have mine with me just in case. For instance today's meet I was showing Joe a few things on VirtualBox.

Rob