Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roly, my current laptop battery is down to approx 30 mins battery
> life, which I am about to RMA since its less they a year old.
>
> Netbooks only get great battery life when new. Their battery
> capacities will still fade over time, after so many charging cycles.
>
> --

True, but presumably folks are going to maintain their laptops (as u
are) by buying new batteries?

Is even taking a laptop essential? I have been to several meets where
I have not used mine. I am sure others will share if necessary - you
are welcome to use mine. :-)

Just a thought/concession that might get us into a decent venue....

best wishes
roly :-p