Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 09:21, Rob Beard wrote:

> Good idea.  I really can't understand why the power supplies need
> testing, I mean they are class 2 devices, so as long as they're not
> falling apart it shouldn't be a problem (as previously mentioned, by
> Gordon I believe).

Even for a class 1 device the only testing device you'd typically need
would be a "multimeter" capable of measuring resistance/continuity.
Possibly a suitable screwdriver for a non moulded plug.

The instructions for carrying out a suitably comprehensive visual
inspection would probably fit on a piece of A6 paper.

Most of which would cover the cable between the plug and the PSU.