Re: [LUG] netbooks

This is probably just spreading FUD but there is a new intel_idle driver
in the kernel which has had some issues with N450 processors and
associated chipsets. This problems seems to have been fixed for some
systems but my toshiba still requires a kernel option to boot and then
doesn't run quite correctly. I ran into these problems after upgrading
from Ubuntu Lucid to Maverick.

It's probably worth mentioning then that I've just upgraded to Maverick on my eee 1005pe (which also has the N450) a few days ago and I haven't had any troubles with it at all.