Re: [LUG] netbooks

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 09:01 +0100, richard wrote:
> does anyone have one of these or know if they are any good?
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/x10.html

This is probably just spreading FUD but there is a new intel_idle driver
in the kernel which has had some issues with N450 processors and
associated chipsets. This problems seems to have been fixed for some
systems but my toshiba still requires a kernel option to boot and then
doesn't run quite correctly. I ran into these problems after upgrading
from Ubuntu Lucid to Maverick.

Here is my launchpad bug report which links to some others which might
be interesting.

However, I suspect I'm just unlucky and most N450 based machines are
fine, afterall there must be a lot of them around and if it was that bad
an issue I'm sure it would have been fixed pretty quickly.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.