Re: [LUG] Large Backups - Advice?

On 11/10/10 16:33:02, Gibbs wrote:
 Hi all,
The computers syncing
would probably make the backup size in the region of 100-200GB? I can't be sure yet but that's probably a reasonably accurate estimate.

That is not large! :-)

I would go for some near line storage and then USB for offsite.
This give the best of both worlds, instant backup when on site and the safety of data stored offsite as well.

You can take the off site backup from the nearline storage, saving the impact on the disks during the day.

Mind you 100-200g is not going to take long, it takes us a weekend to spool 7.7T to 5 LTO3's.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\