[LUG] Large Backups - Advice?

Hi all,

I've been assigned a task (in a couple of weeks) to automate the way our company backs up its data.

Currently we have an inhouse server (Ubuntu Server 10.04), 2 computers (one Windows Vista, one Ubuntu 10.10) and a laptop (Windows Vista again sigh)... I have no expertise in the field of backups whatsoever but I manage our nifty little server. We need offsite backups.

What I was thinking... Sync all computers to the server and then have the server periodically archive (password protect?) then upload to some remote location. I have no idea what the remote location will be but I assume it would be relatively cheap. The computers syncing would probably make the backup size in the region of 100-200GB? I can't be sure yet but that's probably a reasonably accurate estimate.

So. Any advice, solutions or ideas?

Cheers,

Gibbs