Re: [LUG] 3G dongles was: Dial up modems

On 9 October 2010 21:32, Dan Dart <dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think all of our networks are running at 7.2Mbit now
> Joke. 2Mbps MAX on tmob at least.

This is because 7.2/14.4/21/42 all refer to the max speed per channel
(or channel(s), as I think 21 and 42 use multiple channels and MIMO).

It is patently obvious that you won't get those speeds unless under
ideal conditions, and assuming that the network isn't shaping or doing
anything to your connection. 3 definitely do/did limit speeds, other
networks might do the same. Don't know for T-Mobile.

> Another joke. Tmob was crap, and was only G on a direct line of sight
> to a transmitter (literally 2-3 miles atcf). Only H held up high on
> the first floor in the room closest to it.
I'm basing what I said from my experience in multiple places in
Cornwall and bits of Devon. Are you sure that your single example is
representative of an entire county or region? Unlikely.

Shaun