Re: [LUG] Dial up modems

hi all,vodafone do a mobile wireless dongle for about £35 of which £15 is air time,and i think there is no time limit to its use,where as the other providers make you buy £15 of credit every month.
and i believe its £15=1 gb of download or 30 hours of surfing(dont quote me on this as it was a while ago that i enquired).
cheers alex the noob

From: tom brough <tombrough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: DCGLUG <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 9 October, 2010 13:03:16
Subject: [LUG] Dial up modems

Mary has just dug out a (not so old) USB ZOOM modem. There are some
(commercial / tainted) drivers out there that work (limited without
buying a license), however just wondering in this broadband fibre optic
/ 3G dongle age if anyone really used these types of device any longer,
or if they are consigned to the "when I was a young lad" trophy case.

Tom.