Re: [LUG] Fwd: BT forced to open fibre network

On 07/10/10 17:33, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I'd just be hppy with WBC/21CN in my exchange - which is not likely to
ever happen - and I'd suspect not for most of rural Devon too.

FTTC via Entanet (which UKFSN resells) will cost you an additional £40
install fee and you'll need to be on a minimum of Business 45 to be
eligible for it - that's £25.75+VAT.

At least the limits are clearly laid out unlike some of the ISPs that appear to be doing FTTC, and up to 40 Meg at what, just under £30 inc VAT a month is pretty good (Virgin can offer me 50 Meg, or up to 50 Meg for £28 a month but I have to take a phone line from them, so I'm sticking with 20 Meg for £20 a month).

I think UKFSN also use the Opal LLU scheme, but who knows if that'll
ever be extended into the rurals...

Even Talktalk have announced they are going to be using BT's FTTC network. Guess it works out more cost effective for them than running their own fibre (even via BT's poles & ducts).

Rob