Re: [LUG] Fwd: BT forced to open fibre network

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 11:21:39 +0100
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tom,

"BT, the UK's largest ISP, will be able to set its own prices for
access."

And I'll still go to UKFSN as & when they offer this in my area.  Even if
it means paying way more than BT would charge, it's worth it, because
their whole set up is far superior to BT's, where I'd be just a number.

I'd just be hppy with WBC/21CN in my exchange - which is not likely to ever happen - and I'd suspect not for most of rural Devon too.

FTTC via Entanet (which UKFSN resells) will cost you an additional £40 install fee and you'll need to be on a minimum of Business 45 to be eligible for it - that's £25.75+VAT.

I think UKFSN also use the Opal LLU scheme, but who knows if that'll ever be extended into the rurals...

Gordon