Re: [LUG] Am I having a laugh?

On 04/10/2010 21:02, Grant Sewell wrote:

>> a stupidly expensive aerial as well....
>> Tom te tom te tom

 I did find that it was damn near useless
> with the aerial that came with it - even the "USB Powered" aerial - so
> you may need to use a normal/house aerial.
>
> Grant.

Concur.
I tried one as an experiment. (Cheap at £8.) It worked well with house
aerial lead. and that was the way to set it up to find all stations* and
register them, before you change to a 'set top indoor' aerial for normal
use, (as the 'wire thing' supplied only picked up strongest signals).

* 50 odd stations , but I only used 3 of  of them.
Idea was to get a TV of some sort in bedroom if sick.
PS I am only 20 odd miles from a transmitter.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald