Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day 2011 and more....

On 01/10/10 23:32, Eion MacDonald wrote:

Suggest SLAX Live CDs for then to try. Simple and no install

Or SuSE 11.3  which if downloaded from SUSE studio can be set to NOT
have the install program on a Live CD
(essentially you compose a normal SUSE Live CD but de-selectthe 'install
program' , save it and then download and burn.

That's a good idea. I was thinking maybe offering a couple of distros to demo might be a good idea, that way we can demonstrate the different desktop environments (Gnome, KDE, XFCE, maybe even LXDE?).

I figure that not everyone is going to like Gnome (the changes in 10.04 put some people off) so maybe offering up demos of KDE (presumably KDE4), XFCE etc might be a good idea. I'd also suggest demoing Linnux Mint too since that has a more Windows like interface.

Rob