Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day 2011 and more....

On 01/10/10 23:03, Guy Backhouse wrote:

>> Assuming that they will not want to have anything permanently installed
>>  on their PC's I was thinking of using a live cd distro for
>> demonstrations / training sessions (world domination can come later). I
>> know Ubuntu install disks work as a live distro, but the possibility of
>> hitting the install button and accidentally damaging their windows
>> installs would not foster good relations.
>>
>> So I am thinking that knoppix and gnoppix will suffer from the same
>> problem (an option to install), so is there a version of knoppix /
>> gnoppix  (or another live distro) that has the install options removed?

Suggest SLAX Live CDs for then to try. Simple and no install

Or SuSE 11.3  which if downloaded from SUSE studio can be set to NOT
have the install program on a Live CD
(essentially you compose a normal SUSE Live CD but de-selectthe 'install
program' , save it and then download and burn.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald