Re: [LUG] Devon pretends to listen

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, tom brough wrote:

On 27/09/10 19:32, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, tom wrote:

http://toughchoices.co.uk/

If enough of us comment on FLOSS for savings....
One or two at each meeting would be interesting...

FWIW: My wife (in her capacity as a participation/youth democracy
worker) is going to try to get some young people (mostly the current
members of the Devon Youth Parliament) to attend every one of these
meetings to give the young people a chance to voice their concerns.

I think some of us ought to attend them too and be positive about it all.

I also don't think they'd be spending the money doing this if they
weren't going to listen.

Sorry Gordon... I strongly disagree with your interpretation of the
above. The exercise is so that they can tick the "have I consulted the
public?" box. The decision has already been made, the mechanics are
ready to rumble and the axe ground to a slither. At least that's the way
it works in Torbay.

Well... My wife, who works for DCC is a great believer in democracy and has assured me that this isn't just a box-ticking exercise, so I'll have to taker her word for it.

Gordon