Re: [LUG] Bifferboard, anyone?

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, tom brough wrote:

On 25/09/10 12:35, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Still - at least in the UK we have plugs that don't come out
accidentally or easily...

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/skins/skin_1/images/guru_serverplus_UK.jpg

Gordon

I agree, long live the British 3 pin plug, sturdy, safe, robust and err
British .....

<shivers>I look on in horror at some of the plug / socket arrangements
in Philippines based on the American 2 pin .... and the lack of switches
on wall sockets .....</shivers>

Indeed - I spent 2.5 years in the US too - boggled at some of their electricals - also cringed at 110V - which effectively means double the current and a lack of high-power electrical appliances - e.g. electrical kettles.. double the current means 4 times and power loss too - so more chance of a dodgy plug getting hot... Ah well!

Gordon