Re: [LUG] Bifferboard, anyone?

On 24/09/10 21:27, tom brough wrote:
On 24/09/10 13:09, Gordon Henderson wrote:
http://bifferos.bizhat.com/

£35.

Not sure what it would be used for - it's a bit slow @ 150MHz, but it is
only 1 watt, and comes with Linux, so easy to use, but maybe not as
versatile as the Sheeva plug, etc. units - although this is x86 rather
than ARM...

Hmm...

Gordon

HeHe I know who really tipped you off about this little gadget ... I
suppose a solar panel driven web engine for low volume use might be a
possibility. Perhaps data logging for later retrieval via network
adaptor (or "real time")

Tom.

It seems dead in the water when you consider that Chinese Dual core 1Ghz Arm SOC which only took 2W - and as far as I can tell silicon for that should be of the order of $10-20 Now thats ~50x processing (including gpu) for less!
Tom te tom te tom