[LUG] Buckfastleigh Meeting - 2nd October.

ie. next Saturday!

Address is 19, Fore Street, Buckfastleigh, TQ11 0BT.

Our house is the lilac and purple one. This:

  http://url.drogon.net/f

is about the best you'll get via Google Street View. (narrow one-way street) It's probably easier to go through the big gate to the back door - especially if bringing kit, but if using the front-door, the door bell is a "pull" mechanism... (standard push at the back door, but it'll be open) It's also a shoes-off house as we've just had new carpets fitted... So be prepared ;-)

Getting here:

By car - your GPS will work, eventually, but the standard TeleAtlas map is about 15 years out of date for here, so will avoid a "new" road that was made 12 years ago... There are 3 car parks. The one in Station Road is closest and easiest to get to, but often full..

http://unicorn.drogon.net/map.png

is a google map with some blobs on - If coming from Exeter or via Totnes you'll start with the red blobs by the A38. Follow these past the Abbey, up hill, down hill through industrial estate and into car park. (green blob) If that's full, you need to get to the head of the blue blobs where there's a bigger car park. Station road car park can be found by following the purple blobs from the A38 - it's first on the right after the Jet garage. (Actually 2nd as first is a one-way street).

Fore Street is one-way left to right on that map. There are a couple of other one-way streets here - it's quite "creative" ;-)

Coming from Plymouth, you can get off the A38 at Dean Prior - it's probably sign posted to a Farm shop. Don't go too fast down the slip-way as there's a give-way at the bottom. Follow the blue blobs to the car-park. If you miss that turn-off, just get off at the next one (signposted Totnes & the Abbey)

Parking is a pound for 4 hours.

There is free parking to be found if you're lucky, but please DO NOT park where you think you might get away with it - the parking man is a right royal little jobs worth and ticketed my neighbour when she was unloading some heavy stuff from her car recently - we have no on-street parking in Fore street, so no choice but to park on the side where we're not allowed to when unloading )-:

And it seems that there are no busses on a Saturday from Paignton way - at least none that I found. The X38 goes through from Plymouth to Exeter - you'll want to get off at the Jet garage - that's the stop for the South Devon Railway & Butterflies & Otters too. Follow the sign posts to the Valiant Soldier then you'll be at the bottom of Fore Street.

If you want an adventure, then you could get to Totnes then use the steam train from there, then the free bus service from the station to the Valiant Soldier...

Kick off at 2pm, kick-out at 6pm... There'll be a light buffet (or maybe just pizza), cakes, tea and coffee...

See you next week!

Gordon