Re: [LUG] Linux in Education Top Ten Myths.....

On 21/09/10 20:24, tom brough wrote:

> Ok we have all heard the excuses why Linux can't be or shouldn't be used
> in education. I'm looking to collect together the top 10 with a
> plausible and polite debunk.
>
> Contributions welcome here.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom.

The secondary school that is fed in to uses windows and wants students
to be able to use windows / ms office so they are able to use the
secondary school system when they move from year 6 to 7.

this can be debunked As children will learn and adapt to the new system
quite easily,  it probably goes back to teaching properly rather than
simply teaching how to do task x on package x,  and being too specific.

Paul