Re: [LUG] meeting saturday

On 04/09/10 09:46, tom wrote:
> On 04/09/10 08:07, Roland Tarver wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 7:22 AM, tom<tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> A projector? A PROJECTOR!!!
>>> Surely a room full of geeks dont need a projector - use the screens they
>>> will have glued to their laps/desks.
>>> Dont use 19th C technology when you can use late 20th C

It depends on the meeting, if we want to do a talk on something but aim
it at the general public e.g a talk on free software, in)  then it may
be a good idea,

lets take advantage of what is / could be available to us,

Plan a talk + presentation / demo
book a few months in advance
then get it advertised,

this will work out well for software freedom day 2011,  if people know
who we are,  then they will recognise the dclug name and be familiar
with what we do / stand for.

Paul