Re: [LUG] GIMP 2.7

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 17:51 +0100, tom wrote:

> I think the idea behind the single-window mode was to prevent scaring
> windows users with and would be good but after looking at the beta I
> get the impression this was 'designed to fail'.

I spent quite some time using the beta and single window mode seemed to
work very well I thought.  I've been using the gimp for several years
now and it has never felt comfortable having all these panels floating
around, too much time was spent resizing the work window or moving
panels off the top of where you are trying to work.

Single window is far easier to work with, perhaps dual screen users find
multi window better as they can have the tools completely off the work
window, now we have best of both worlds.

I for one welcome our single window overlords.

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/