[LUG] GIMP 2.7

Looks pretty good so far to me.

The new "single window mode" seems to be getting a lot of flack but it's a good idea to me. If I have to do some quick work on a netbook for example it will come in handy. I'm sure it will please the Photoshop crowd and people who use lesser OS's (the Photoshop crowd) that don't have decent window management (i.e. not Linux). Besides it isn't enabled by default so what's all the fuss about?

I think the coolest feature I've found so far though, which nobody is raving about, is the ability to have multiple column docks (as well as the traditional rows).

The only annoying thing is the Save As/Export nonsense. Why can't I export from Save As and vice-versa? Seems like a step backwards to me so I'm hoping that doesn't make it to 2.8.

Has anyone had a play around with GIMP 2.7? Thoughts?

Gibbs