Re: [LUG] A new Mint PC

On 29/08/10 18:21, kevin wrote:
Hi all
I have been building a New pc to replace the main machine in the Shop

I had Fedora 8 running for 4 years with very few problems...
but now it's time to move on so after trying and failing with Fedora 13
( unlucky for some!) I have gone with Mint 9.  So far I have all I need
apart from 2 things

1 is Java! I need Sun jre and cant get Alternatives to move to the new
jre.  It lists the two but when selecting sun it still has Java SE
Runtine and not java-6-sun !:(

Just had a look on Ubuntu, can't find Sun Java in there. Did a bit more searching...

There is default-jre and openjdk-6-jre and if you enable the partner repository then you can use sun-java6-jre, sun-java6-plugin etc.

http://tinyurl.com/2v2bsca

I'd guess there is a similar repository on Linux Mint too.

2 and more pressing is Glables. I use this for my Shop shelf labels

<snip>

Do you mean GLabels?

That's in the Ubuntu Universe repositories so it should be in the Mint repositories too. Sounds like you'll need to enable the equivalent repository in Mint.

Rob