[LUG] A new Mint PC

Hi all
I have been building a New pc to replace the main machine in the Shop

I had Fedora 8 running for 4 years with very few problems...
but now it's time to move on so after trying and failing with Fedora 13
( unlucky for some!) I have gone with Mint 9.  So far I have all I need
apart from 2 things

1 is Java! I need Sun jre and cant get Alternatives to move to the new
jre.  It lists the two but when selecting sun it still has Java SE
Runtine and not java-6-sun !:(

2 and more pressing is Glables. I use this for my Shop shelf labels

I have looked at the Site and it need these devel packages to be loaded
GTK+-2.10.x
      * LIBGNOME[UI]-2.16.x
      * LIBXML-2.6.x
      * LIBGLADE-2.6.x
      * LIBEBOOK-1.8.x (optional)
      *
      * but I  can't find GKT+-2  in Mint  is there a way of finding
        what gives these packages?  Then I can compile
      *
      * any ideas?
      *
Regards