Re: [LUG] Some more on Jogglers

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 21:46 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> Interesting.  Hopefully it won't be overly expensive either.  I'd love
> to get one with a battery, I guess kinda like a tablet device for doing
> geeky things like controlling a (yet to be built) MythTV box from the
> sofa (hey beats using a PS3 controller to play stuff on the PS3).

The dvd type remote controller for the PS3 makes a big difference :]

> > Now the main purpose of the mail, finally.
> >
> > The one thing missing from the Joggler was a web browser, well some
> > clever folks have got Opera Mobile working on it and its pretty decent
> > too, very usable indeed.
>
> That's pretty cool.  Am I right in assuming you can plug a mouse and
> keyboard into these things?

Yes I believe so, though I think that is more when using a full OS on
it. I did just plug in a mouse to try it while using Opera and it did
kind of work, but sensitivity was so low to be unusable, several inches
of moving the mouse to move the pointer an inch onscreen.

I've not tried a keyboard, onscreen keyboard has been fine for what I
needed so far.

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/