[LUG] Some more on Jogglers

I thought this may be worth posting here as I believe several members
did get one of these when they were reduced to Â49.

In the last week or so O2 pushed out an update, while it broke telnet it
didn't totally block it from being re-enabled, just root it again with
the telnet on USB hack.  If anyone lost the archive or can't download it
again I can pop it someplace as I think the download from joggler.info
is broken.

Rumour from someone's friend working in o2 suggest they are going to be
selling another updated Joggler type device based on one of the other
OpenPeak devices, this makes sense if they just pushed out an update
this long after selling out the old stock. Fingers crossed as it should
mean new apps.

Now the main purpose of the mail, finally.

The one thing missing from the Joggler was a web browser, well some
clever folks have got Opera Mobile working on it and its pretty decent
too, very usable indeed.

I have condensed the instructions here as they are not straight forward
at all on joggler.info and had to be pieced together from two separate
posts, tested them on a second Joggler after sorting it out and they
worked a treat.

So here it goes, please note you need to install Squeezeplayer
apparently, it contains a webserver that is needed to launch Opera from
the Joggler itself, rather than only via telnet.

On your telnet enabled Joggler, log in and follow these directions:

First download opera mobile

cd /media
wget http://l33t.spod.org/ratx/joggler/operamobile.tar.gz
tar xvf operamobile.tar.gz
chmod +x /media/operamobile/operamobile
killall tango

3.install SqueezeBox

cd /media
wget http://www.tarkan.info/images/squeezing_tarkan_install.sh
chmod a+x squeezing_tarkan_install.sh
./squeezing_tarkan_install.sh

I then loaded the Chinese Jogtools, didn't install it

cd /media
wget http://likidu.com/gadget/joggler/appstore/jog_tools/main.swf
cd /openpeak/tango
./localrun /media/main.swf

It then loaded the Chinese Jogtools and I selected the second option at
the top of the screen, clicked on the Opera logo and then the first
right arrow and it installed it. Joggler rebooted and it had an icon to
it. Tap the Opera logo to launch Opera.

Any problems, the information above is sourced from
http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=823

While I didn't think I wanted Squeezeplayer itself, it does have nice
internet radio and have subsequently used it more than I expected.

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/