Re: [LUG] BIOS Settings

On 15/08/10 12:57, John Horne wrote:
> Upon booting can you 'hear' or 'feel' if the CD/DVD drive is being used? **

One CD Drive I have takes 15 to 20 seconds to be recognised (it is one
of two on same machine).  First check light on CD drive as you boot does
it flash or  illuminate when HAL checks it as present?
 ** Second is drive active (a stethoscope or wood peg to ear and CD case
will indicate a running motor) (as above)
Third is lens clean?
I find that of the CD drives I have, some CDs even  pit/land produced
ones as opposed to burn ones work in only some CD drives. (Wear and tear
over last 7 years) This is where the combined quality of the CD and the
drive comes into things.
--

Regards
Eion MacDonald