Re: [LUG] BIOS Settings

On 15/08/10 11:06, Rob Beard wrote:
On 15/08/10 08:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 14/08/10 19:30, tom wrote:
If your cmos is dying your should find dates set to 1/1/2000 or similar
Normally on resetting dates etc in the bios and re-booting the settings
will be kept as the power supply should keep the data alive - you can
tell when its lost as it normally tells you.
Check the CD boots in another machine - its probably that rather than
the bios
Tom te tom te tom

Thanks Tom. I have just checked the date ('date' in a terminal screen)
and it is correct. I will try the CD in another machine as suggested.

Check the date in the BIOS itself, you'll probably find when the OS
boots it will sync it's time with a time server on the internet.

Rob

I have just checked the BIOS again, but before I read this email so I did not check the date.

The boot sequence still shows the CD/DVD drive as the first one. Yet when I put a bootable CD into the drive before powering up it is still ignored. It goes straight to the hard drive. Strange.

Neil