Re: [LUG] BIOS Settings

On 15/08/10 11:17, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have just checked the BIOS again, but before I read this email so I
did not check the date.

The boot sequence still shows the CD/DVD drive as the first one. Yet
when I put a bootable CD into the drive before powering up it is still
ignored. It goes straight to the hard drive. Strange.

Neil

You could try pressing the Pause/Break key when the BIOS screen comes up for a couple of seconds, it may be that the DVD drive just takes a while to initialise. Or maybe the DVD drive is on the way out, or the CD is not working.

Does the PC boot via USB?

If so maybe making a bootable USB stick might be an option.

Rob