Re: [LUG] Wifi printer

On 12/08/2010 10:35, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> If anyone on the list can come up with suggestions and recommendations
> Neil

I concur, Use a Black & White if only a little colour.
(I make the Logos/ Trade marks for companies I deal with to be mono
colour for this reason -it saves a lot over the years)

OKI  printers work OK on Linux but use a set of LEDs in place of laser
beam but otherwise the same as laser printers
I shifted to them from HP some years ago due mechanical problems with HP
printers on mechanical paper transit side(jamming etc).

No problem on my mixed Linux  /Windows  set ups, using CUPS for Linux
printing.

Note they always sell two models; one low and  one high toner capacity
(dearer capital cost) but higher capacity always cheaper in end if  a
lot of printing (as I do for a charity).
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
 If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.