Re: [LUG] OO Spreadsheet decimal

On 10/08/10 15:12, kevin wrote:
Hi all
is there a oo Spreadsheet guru around?
I would love to know if you can get Spreadsheet to accept a number
(currency)  in a cell and add the Decimal point ( to 2 places ) without
me having to type it at all?

I think in Excel this is possible but cannot find it in OO

if not OO the is is possible in javascript as I can do this in a web
form

Its VAT return time and I have to break down each line on the  invoices
to one of 12 groups
Thanks in advance

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Ten Years in the Making!
www.minionsbandb.co.uk
www.tearooms.minionsbandb.co.uk
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386

In OO you can set the cell format to a currenc( £nnnnn.xx) and it will put the £ in but you have to put the . in to tell it the pennies In JS you could use a form <input type=text onchange=formatfunction(this)>....

Now if we had a decent open standard simple business xml data exchange format there would probably be a simple to do this....

Tom te tom te tom