Re: [LUG] Vote of thanks for Paul....

On 07/08/10 21:56, Grant Sewell wrote:

Do we know what the problem was?

I believe it was possibly down to the staff not being bothered to turn up (although I should really give them the benefit of the doubt until we get an official explanation from them).

Also, what happened about the Shoreline?  Is that still a possible
venue, or is the Rugby/Cricket club a better option?

We stopped going to the Shoreline after one of the staff was rude to Tom. Okay the expensive food and drinks didn't help matters either. At the time the Lighthouse had a cafe which offered reasonably priced food and drinks although this has since closed. The Rugby/Cricket club has a bar which sells soft and alcoholic drinks (so it caters for those who want a drink if they're not driving, and also caters for those who want a soft drink). Price wise the drinks weren't too bad (I think a pint of coke was about Â1.60, so cheaper than the Shoreline and you get more). Food wise I believe they were selling sandwiches and I noticed someone (not from the LUG) brought in a bag of chips from the local chippy.

I was disappointed that I missed the meet, despite coming up to
Paignton.  At least I know where the Lighthouse and the Shoreline
are... now I just need to know where the Rugby/Cricket club is and I'm
all set for next month (hopefully).

The postcode appears to be TQ4 6AH. It's on Queens Park Road (just off the main road which goes through Paignton down to the sea front with all the arcades on it).

Also, where is the best place to park?  We ended up parking in the
Crossways Shopping Centre carpark.

Well for free parking you could park up near the Sea Anglers club (TQ4 6DH) or around that area. I believe I parked on Roundham Road last time I drove in, it's about a 5 or 10 minute walk.

Other than that there is the Victoria Multi Storey Car Park which is just down the road from the Lighthouse (on one of the side roads). It's not too easy to explain if you don't know the area but you can find a map on the Torbay Council web site:

http://tinyurl.com/victoriacarparkpaignton

I guess once we decide on what we're doing about a regular venue for Paignton we can come up with directions for parking etc.

Rob