Re: [LUG] Sherlock laptop

On 04/08/10 08:37, tom wrote:

Just when I was thinking about giving up TV completely the beeb more
than earns its licence fee. More in one episode than 15 CSI and somehow
faithfull to the books too...

I'd describe it as "inspired by" the books rather than "faithful to".
Many elements of A Study In Scarlet were present in A Study In Pink,
but often recast in a completely different way even excluding the
requirements of updating the story to modern times.  The same with The
Blind Banker, which I think drew from several unrelated Holmes stories.
I'll refrain from expanding further to avoid giving away plots to those
who haven't seen them yet.

Personally I think the first worked better than the second, perhaps
because I found the plot of the second stretched credulity just a
little bit too far.  They're both enjoyable television though, and
certainly at the better end of recent drama programming.

James