Re: [LUG] More on the NHS & MS - How to Delete Office...

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 17/07/10 21:11, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010, John Williams wrote:

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 19:29 +0100, Kai Hendry wrote:
Use http://letterly.com/ next time you want to write a letter.

Just use HTML.

Interesting idea, but I can't see the purpose to be quiet honest.

I'll stick to OOo and nano myself.

You can do nicer letters in LaTeX ;-)

Gordon

This is something i want to try and learn and am in the process of doing
just slow going.

Making sure you have it installed is probably the hardest part!

Open a terminal and do this:

  wget http://unicorn.drogon.net/letter.tex

  latex letter.tex

and see what happens...

If the output looks OK, then

  xdvi letter.dvi

will display it for you. Then you can look at dvi2pdf, etc. commands.

Then you can start to fiddle with it using your favourite text editor...

The only book I have is called "A Guide to LaTex 2e" by Helmut Kopka and Patrick W. Daly. Hm. Looks like it might be out of print:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-LATEX-2E-Second/dp/B001EHN8MU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279402879&sr=8-1

I only paid £27 for it - maybe I can sell my copy for that price!!!

Gordon