Re: [LUG] how come the list is quiet this week

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

Just wondered why the list was so quiet this week ?

Because no-ones been posting.

Not quite true though - I see about 25 or so messages posted this week!

It's been a funny old week here in Drogon Towers - quite busy which has been nice... One little task - making sure my systems "just work" with 3CX systems - a software PBX that (incredibly) runs on an MS Windows server platform... Not quite sure I'd trust my companys telephones to a Windows server, but 1000's do, apparently, so when they need VoIP <-> PSTN plumbing, I'm not going to say no...

They tell me 3CX needs an IIS server to work under too (for more than a trivial installation) - and when you put the licensing costs of that together with everything else, it costs more than one of my dedicated PBXs... But that's bizarely acceptable for some people...

Cheers,

Gordon