[LUG] OT: Hospitals...

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 06:22:36PM +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Hm. I bet their scanner has a MS PC connected to it in some way or
> other, if not integrated... Wonder if they'll let me poke about.
> This is the new place at Newton Abbot, so hopefully full of shiny...

Went there with a broken wrist:

1)  Good side
    Quick service (2 hour wait: but this was with all the ice)
    Clean and open
    Friendly (and overworked)
    Coffee machines work

2)  Bad side

    Had to go to Torquay to get the wrist set

    Got to Torquay and because I did not have a letter they were going to
    make me wait 8 hours (as I said Newton was FAST). Finally managed to
    convince a VERY busy lady that as I was booked in, they had my Xrays
    etc etc, anyway they saw me

Lessons

a)  Ignore modern technology, get it in writing
b)  Go to the smaller hospital

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.