Re: [LUG] Compiling a Kernel for troublesome hardware

On 03/07/10 00:46, Julian Hall wrote:

This was my friend, not me. He'd taught himself Linux from zero to
company Hostmaster for the ISP in 12 months, and just wanted to do it to
prove he could I suppose. I don't think there was any specific need as
such.

Julian

I've always wanted to have a go at building a distro from the ground up, probably with the help of Linux From Scratch, but sadly I never seem to find the time. Maybe one day I will. Nearest I've got is installing Gentoo or recompiling the kernel a couple of years back (I haven't recompiled a kernel in a while, just modules occasionally). But what I do like is the fact that we have the choice to do that if we wish.

Rob