Re: [LUG] Wifi woes

Quoting Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

On 22/06/10 11:11, Neil Winchurst wrote:

As you will see from my other reply I have set the router to use channel
6 and it all works fine now. Thanks for your help,

Neil

That's good to hear. I did find something a while ago for Linux (some GTK app) which would tell me what channels each wireless network was on (which made it easier to configure my mum's wireless). Can't remember what it was called though. Sods law I could probably with such an app at the moment too so I can sort out my wireless network so it doesn't interfere with the neighbours connection.

A brilliant app for the N900 is Wi-Fi Eye - I posted about it here a while back. Screenshot:

  http://unicorn.drogon.net/Screenshot-20100528-092405.png

Gordon

a similar app for the android platform is wifi analyzer

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/wifi-analyzer_bgn.html

cull