Re: [LUG] OT: Spam from Yahoo and Hotmail

On 28/06/2010 00:19, Simon Waters wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:
On 27/06/2010 21:20, Dave Foxcroft wrote:

I've had three or four friends have their Hotmail accounts compromised
as well.  Identical scenario - spam url which I know instantly they
didn't send.
Do you know what malware grabbed the passwords?

I'm fairly sure it is malware - but the trouble is the kind of folks who
remember exactly what they did to their computer and can report it
confidently are the kind whose machines get owned less frequently.

  Simon

No idea, and three of them should know better as they were on the degree course with me last year. All of them use MSN though, so no prizes for guessing *where* they got the malware from.

Julian