Re: [LUG] Fwd: Apple advises on holding iPhone

On 25 June 2010 15:40, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25/06/2010 13:19, Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>> On 25/06/10 12:52, Julian Hall wrote:
>>
>>> I think this is one of those 'features' that testers worked around
>>> rather than say 'the design is flawed go back and spend a couple of
>>> million fixing it'. Once they knew how to work round it they forgot
>>> about it, until such time as it got into the hands of users who PAID for
>>> it but sadly didn't know the workaround.
>>>
>>> I do think Steve Jobs needs an attitude adjustment though; 'just avoid
>>> holding it in that way'. Who does he think he is, Steve Ballmer?
>>>

>> I get the impression that Steve Jobs may have always been like this (or it
>> could be the general media that portray him in this way, just as Steve
>> Balmer is portrayed as a monkey dancing google hating chair thrower).
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc
>>
>> Rob
>>
> According to Phillip Schofied - an iPhone 4 user who has jumped on the
> badnwagon - using a case corrects the problem.  However, it means people
> without cases have to spend money to correct  a problem that should not have
> been there to start with.
>
> Julian
>
> --

Apple should, on discovering this fault, have issued some kind of case
to stop this from happening, instead of deciding the case they
developed (The Bumper) to solve the issue should be sold at full
retail price.

But hey, at Apple, I think Money is king, isnt it? And Steve Jobs is
Prince Regent.