Re: [LUG] Fast link over a short distance

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I'll ask the boffins I know in this area what's avalable now.

So - the people I know don't have product ready yet, however they've given me some pointers.

You'd better be sitting down for the prices:

Brightwave - 1.25Gb/sec full duplex, but the best part of £30K for what I'd hope was a matched pair:

  http://blackbox.co.uk/products/display.asp?id=0&doc=fe80xu&tx=11&sx=2

You need to buy an installation license and an annual running license for it. (£50)

Other companies are:

  E Band Communications
  Gigabeam
  Proxim

but I can't find any place selling them with prices on the first page of google...

Enjoy,

Gordon