Re: [LUG] Fast link over a short distance

On 18/06/10 18:22:04, David Johnson wrote:
On Friday 18 Jun 2010 17:39:28 stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Since we are talking about wireless over a large distance, we are at
> the other end and want high speed (as fast as posible) across a
small
> distance, across the road.
> At the moment we can't string fiber for many reasons, but I might
cut a
> slot in the road one day for it.
>
> What other options are there? We have a laser link between two other
> buillings, but they are not cheap.

I guess it depends on what you consider "high speed" - 100 Meg? Gig?
10 Gig?
1g would be good, we are shifting large files around the place.
We have a laser link that runs between two other buildings at 1g and this would be off that building. So building A links to B with a laser link and we have a new building C that is going to be off A.

Laser link is rubbish in the fog so we have a backup 100meg wireless link (I think) have not worked out how it all works at the moment.
--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\