Re: [LUG] Fast link over a short distance

On 22/06/10 09:00:37, Rob Beard wrote:
On 21/06/10 21:36, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Not fast enough, 100M would be good, 1000M would be better, we are
moving large files around.

I get the feeling it isn't going to be cheap then if 100M isn't going to be fast enough. It's a shame you can't stick some fibre through the sewers :-)

I had a quick look for Microwave links, I'm not sure what sort of pricing they are, I'm guessing probably expensive.

This company might be able to advise though:

http://www.g4.co.uk/laser_and_microwave_links1.php

I suppose the other option would be to look at getting fibre put in, but again I'm assuming that wouldn't be cheap even for a short distance.

We thought of the sewer option!
100m would do at a push but I would be a problem on occasions.
I will have a look at that URL.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\