Re: [LUG] Firefox Printing to file

Yes
 the file is in the Home dir and

 Yes
 I want to know "who or What" generates the "mozilla.ps" which comes up
in the box when Print to File is selected.

Using the box,  if I put in "breadorder$$.ps"

I get in the Home Dir.

breadorder/$/$.ps

which is not what I want.
I would need somthing like

breadorder22062010.ps

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 17:10 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 22/06/10 16:07, kevin wrote:
> > Are there any Firefox hackers out there who know where the "Mozilla.ps"
> > comes from when you do
> > File>Print>Print to File
> >

> Not sure, when I choose the option of print to file it gives me the
> choice of Postscript or PDF and allows me to enter a file name.  If I
> don't enter a filename it just helpfully doesn't put anything in, just
> an extension, so if I'm too quick I'll end up with a file called ".ps"
>
> By default files are saved in my home directory.
>
> > I lost my Manual fax Machine in a power cut last week and have set up
> > printing to a Brother printer/fax/ using cups but the only way I can get
> > to set the phone No. to fax is using the brpcfax Brother java gizmo.
> > This works fine if you want to print an existing .ps file.
> >

> Can't help on that one as I haven't got a Brother printer/fax.
>
> > Having staff of varying linux expertise I would prefer to have in the
> > print to file Duologue box the correct (predetermined ) file name using
> > a time stamp $$ if poss
> >

> Not sure if changing the cups config file would work.
>
> Rob

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)