Re: [LUG] Firefox Printing to file

On 22/06/10 16:07, kevin wrote:
Are there any Firefox hackers out there who know where the "Mozilla.ps"
comes from when you do
File>Print>Print to File

Not sure, when I choose the option of print to file it gives me the choice of Postscript or PDF and allows me to enter a file name. If I don't enter a filename it just helpfully doesn't put anything in, just an extension, so if I'm too quick I'll end up with a file called ".ps"

By default files are saved in my home directory.

I lost my Manual fax Machine in a power cut last week and have set up
printing to a Brother printer/fax/ using cups but the only way I can get
to set the phone No. to fax is using the brpcfax Brother java gizmo.
This works fine if you want to print an existing .ps file.

Can't help on that one as I haven't got a Brother printer/fax.

Having staff of varying linux expertise I would prefer to have in the
print to file Duologue box the correct (predetermined ) file name using
a time stamp $$ if poss

Not sure if changing the cups config file would work.

Rob